Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Street Car Tracks -- The Quick Sand of Urban Life

Careful

I was on my way to school tonight to study some brains and brain related material and it occurred to me I was going to be late to meet my girlfriend at the lab.

"No worries!", I said to myself as I committed champion-level power to the pedals of my bike. Streaking down College street like a fucking asteroid blasting through the atmosphere I revelled in the fact that I was totally dominating Toronto with my biking prowess.

While furiously rubbing down my ego my tire caught a street car track and I was ejected matter-of-factly onto the street. I slid 100 feet if I slid a foot I tell ye!!! So, as I'm sitting there staring at the inside of my bike helmet I hear a car horn a few meters away blasting repeatedly for me to move. Apparently my awkwardly-angled, still and silent body was a major inconvenience.

Mystery driver, whoever you are, you are the reason god created sudden infant death syndrome. I want to slap your mother for paying so much attention.

No comments: